Sunday, August 18, 2013

Annecy Day 1 Fantastic! - 17 Aug

Jeannine & I arrived Annecy at gite Bluffy 2pm unacked so by 3pm Don & I drove up to Plan Fait above Talliores to fly our first day! Don & I both climbed up to above Dents Lanfon in just 23 minutes & started accross the lake to Rocs de Boeufs where we immediately topped out to 6K altitude as we found our Maui friend Paul Smith thermalling with us! All 3 of us crossed the lake back to Col du Forclaz, Montmin launch & skied out to cloud base in minutes...
glided to Lanfonnet & without stopping headed back to our origin on Dents Lanfon in one hour flat from launching!
Then a short dash over to Mt Veyrier right to the corner of the lake above Annecy Ville & I crossed the lake again to Mt Semnoz, coming in a bit low & rushing to fast I only penetrated the ridge about 2 miles before dirting in a pasture next to the road. Don meanwhile dashed back to the Dents & crossed back to Rocs du Boeufs & was so high he glided straight back to land at Talliores LZ. Jeannine & Yolie were nice enough to abandond there beach walk to retrieve me. Big Bisou's for aiding me...
After a quick drive to launch to retrieve Dons car & watch the sun set in spectacular form in orange hues, Jeannine & I then spent a quiet peaceful evenning on the balcony of Gite Bluffy watching the moon rise over Plan Fait launch & looking up to the top of Dents Lanfon dreaming of tomorrows antics while having dinner with wine & cheese of course..
Till Tomorrow
Aloha from Mad Dog

PS: Any more whinning & we will ban JJJ from this blog & the peaceful country side of Bluffy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Awesome you found MauiPaul.

    Hope to hear more exploits of the Hawaii Monkeys in France. Great practice day, Ike sent me a pic of his track then after a conference call I got his story.

    Make sure you guys contact Sylvain and Aurealia, they are super cool and a great contact for that area.

    Oh, put your passports in your flight decks.....I have a feeling there will be some border crossings this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thom see if U can put Ike's pics on the story I forgot my camera that day. much mahalo's
      Mad Dog

      Delete